Sunday, July 22, 2007

random

So, I had some friends over the other day and [quickly] baked some cupcakes for them. There isn't much substance to this post, because I used a white cake mix and two different frostings - one of which was store bought, eek. But I figured I would share the photos.

First, the cupcakes I made with store bought frosting. I added sprinkles to this half of the batter, frosted them with Betty Crocker chocolate, and threw some sprinkles on top. They were cute, but not my best cupcakes.

And for the other half of the batter, I made strawberry buttercream frosting with fresh strawberries -- this one has received rave reviews from friends and family in the past.

Strawberry Buttercream requires:
1 stick unsalted butter
1 pound confectioners sugar
2-3 fresh strawberries
1/2 tsp vanilla

Beat 1 stick butter until smooth. Add 1 pound confectioners sugar and strawberries. Beat until smooth and add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. If frosting is too thick, thin with a little milk or cream.


And a picture of the finished product! Less than fabulous, thanks to the blurry picture. But my family loves that frosting.

No comments: